Campus Security Authority Resources

To ensure that students know about any dangers on their campuses, the Clery Act requires institutions to gather and publish data from three kinds of Campus Security Authorities

  • People or offices responsible for campus security
  • People or offices to which campus policy directs that crimes be reported
  • Those with significant responsibility for student and campus activities

What to report?

Only certain crimes need to be reported, such as Part 1 crimes and crimes involving sexual assault or dating/domestic violence. For a complete list of what needs to be reported, along with crime definitions, see the document below.

Clery Crime Definitions (PDF)

CSA Reporting Form

Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) can use this form to report incidents.

For incidents requiring an immediate police response, contact the Taft Police Department at 661-763-3101 or by calling 911 if appropriate.

Forward the completed form to the Taft College Campus Safety Director or the Vice President of Student Services as soon as possible but no later than the next business day after the incident was reported to you.

You can fill out the online reporting form, or you can print and fill out (PDF) the form by hand.

Please contact the Campus Safety Office at (661) 763-7872 if you have any questions.